2006 Media Releases - Events - Feasting on Flesh
Print this page
Issued Monday, 30 October 2006
THE STUDIO AT SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE, SPIEGELTENT INTERNATIONAL AND STRUT & FRET PRESENTS
The table has been set for a degustation of debauchery…
FEASTING ON FLESH
Tuck in to the most strangely amusing dinner you’ll ever attend when fairground attraction collides with sideshow burlesque for Feasting on Flesh,
in The Studio from 8 to 18 November.
An astonishing array of the sexiest, funniest and tastiest acts you’ll ever see, Feasting of Flesh has all of the ingredients for a deliciously wicked night out:
- Dozens of wildly exotic & defiantly diverse tunes from Homebake feature artists Gotye. From classic tunes, to a reworking of Depeche Mode’s Just Can’t Get Enough, Gotye (aka Wally De Backer) will even roll out a live set on the pots, pans and cheese grater with fondue forks as drum sticks.
- Saucy trapeze tricks and sexed-up magic illusions from aerialist Mark Winmill, tumbler and ex-Fruit Fly Tom Flanagan and singer/performer Candy Bowers.
- Burlesque at its most daring with Gypsy Wood, who, with her passion for performance, vintage glamour, strip tease, old Hollywood, and 50's cheesecake, will make sure you never look at gladwrap in the same way again.
- A tonne of tantalising talent from ringmaster Bille Brown who binds the show together with his sharp tongue, delivering generous slices of juicy text.
- 500g of assorted words, freshly picked from the satirical minds of Humphrey McQueen, Stephen Sewell, Jaya Savige and Eddie Perfect.
Preheat The Studio to cabaret mode. Toss the ingredients onto The Studio stage, drizzle them with the suitably sexy sounds of Gotye, season with the spicy words of McQueen, Sewell and Perfect and watch them heat up over the night.
Make a reservation and invite your friends to feast on a smorgasbord of high-class acts and below-the-apron humour.
Details Feasting on Flesh
Dates: Wed 8 to Sat 18 November
Venue: The Studio