The Sydney Opera House Access Tour operates daily at 12pm and is designed for patrons with limited mobility.
AUSLAN tours are offered on request. On these tours an Australian Sign Language interpreter will accompany the tour guide to interpret the tour commentary. Bookings must be made at least 14 days in advance and are subject to the availability of the interpreter.
The regular Sydney Opera House Tour has visitor receiver units which are compatible with hearing aid T-loop setting. If you require a visitor receiver unit compatible with your T-loop setting, please ensure you advise our staff at the time of booking.
Bookings can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 61 2 9250 7250. Customers who are deaf or who have a hearing impairment can call (at no cost) through the National Relay Service:
- TTY users phone 13 36 77 then ask for 9250 7250
- Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech relay) users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 9250 7250
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS (www.relayservice.com.au) and then ask for 9250 7250
Our ticketing policy allows customers requiring wheelchair accessible seating to purchase a wheelchair accessible seat for themselves and a seat for their companion at the lowest concession ticket price available for the selected performance. Where no concessions are available, the wheelchair seat and one companion seat will be sold at the lowest price available for that event. Additional companions can purchase tickets on the standard pricing basis.
The Companion Card is accepted for all performances at Sydney Opera House.
There are a number of wheelchair and companion seating locations in all theatres. To request accessible seating call Box Office on 61 2 9250 7777 or email your request to email@example.com.
Customers who are deaf or who have a hearing impairment can call (at no cost) through the National Relay Service:
- TTY users phone 13 36 77 then ask for 9250 7777
- Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech relay) users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 9250 7777
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS (www.relayservice.com.au) and then ask for 9250 7777
A limited number of courtesy wheelchairs (standard manual wheelchairs) are available for loan one hour before performances for patrons attending events in the Concert Hall and Joan Sutherland Theatre. They are available by the entrance of the Western Foyers (at the top of the escalators).Front of House staff are happy to arrange for patrons to borrow these wheelchairs but are unable to leave their posts to assist patrons moving around the Sydney Opera House. It is therefore strongly recommended that patrons who do not normally use a wheelchair bring a friend or companion along to assist them in manoeuvring the wheelchair around the House. Front of House Staff are not able to assist patrons in transferring to seats or to provide personal attendant services.
Accessible toilet facilities are located:
- On the Lower Ground Level (near the Opera Kitchen);
- Inside the Western Theatre Foyer - there are two facilities one located adjacent to the Playhouse and one between The Studio and the Drama Theatre, open all day till theatres close.
- On Level 1 (Box Office Level)