Sydney Opera House is committed to ensuring the safety, welfare and well-being of children and young people when providing entertainment and educational services to the community. The safety, welfare and well-being of children and young people is the paramount consideration in service delivery to any consumers under 18 years.
Sydney Opera House has a comprehensive Child Protection Policy outlining the framework for managing and reducing risk of harm to children while on Sydney Opera House premises.
The policy encompasses:
• Compliance with Child Protection Legislation
• The requirement that all Sydney Opera House staff provide services and conduct duties in a manner that respects the right of all children to safety and protection from all forms of abuse and neglect
• Compliance with the Code of Conduct for Child Protection in the Workplace
• Employment practices and procedures to ensure that recruitment and selection processes for all child-related employment positions will be managed in accordance with the law
• Procedures to ensure ‘significant risk of harm’ to children and ‘reportable conduct’ are reported in accordance with the law
• The authority and procedures for Sydney Opera House to employ children for the purposes of Entertainment and Exhibition (including Still Photography)
Click here to download a full copy of the Child Protection Policy.
Click here to download a copy of the School Risk Assessment Information.