FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I redeem by Gift Voucher?
Gift Vouchers can be redeemed in person at the Sydney Opera House Box Office, over the phone by calling 02 9250 7777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply present the voucher at the Box Office, or quote the voucher number prior to making a booking.
Can I extend the expiry date of my Gift Voucher?
Gift Vouchers are valid for twelve months and may not be used if expired.
What happens to any unused balance of Gift Vouchers?
Any unused balance must be used by the expiry date. Any remaining balance will be retained by Sydney Opera House and cannot be refunded or credited after expiry.
What if I lose my Gift Voucher?
The customer is responsible for the safe keeping of their Gift Voucher. If a voucher is lost or stolen Sydney Opera House may replace it upon presentation of suitable identification.
Can I return my Gift Voucher or exchange it for cash?
Gift Vouchers cannot be returned or redeemed for cash. The Gift Voucher can only be used at the Sydney Opera House.
Can I use more than one Gift Voucher in one purchase?
Yes, you can use more than one voucher for a purchase or you can use any combination of vouchers, cash, cheque or card accepted by Sydney Opera House.
Can I top-up or renew the Gift Voucher?
Additional money may not be added to an existing Gift Voucher, however you purchase another to gain additional total value for use. You may also use your Gift Voucher to to purchase another with a new 12 month validity period, so long as this is requested and confirmed prior to the expiration date of the original Gift Voucher.
Can I use my Gift Voucher for food, beverage and retail items?
Gift Vouchers cannot be used at onsite restaurants, bars or retail stores – they may only be redeemed for products available for purchase at www.sydneyoperahouse.com or on sale through the Sydney Opera House Box Office. However, please note that occasionally performance and or tour tickets are sold as a packaged product with food, beverage and or retail items include, such as the The Tour and Tasting Plate. Additionally, www.sydneyoperahouse.com and the Box Office do sell Drink Vouchers which may be redeemed on bars inside the venue only.
If you wish to use your Gift Voucher to buy Drink Vouchers, you may do so and redeem them either within the Theatre Bar in Western Foyer, Concert Hall or Joan Sutherland Theatre (drink vouchers may not be redeemed at any bar in the precinct which is outside the building itself). Basically, if you can purchase something on www.sydneyoperahouse.com, you can use your Gift Voucher.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Gift Vouchers and unused portions of Gift Vouchers should be spent within 12 months from the date of purchase, which is the "expiry" date displayed on the Gift Voucher.
- Any unused balance will not be refunded or credited on expiry.
- Gift Vouchers are non-refundable.
- Gift Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Additional values cannot be added to an existing voucher; however, additional vouchers may be purchased.
- If your order exceeds the amount of your Gift Voucher, you must pay for the balance with cash, cheque, debit or credit card.
- Sydney Opera House does not accept any liability for lost or stolen Gift Vouchers.
- Sydney Opera House reserves the right to close customer accounts and request alternative forms of payment if a Gift Voucher is fraudulently obtained and is used to make purchases.
- Sydney Opera House may provide gift certificate purchasers with information about the redemption status of Gift Vouchers.
- Gift vouchers are not valid for redemption for food, beverage or retail items