Information for Teachers
A Teachers’ Resource Pack will be sent with your confirmation email. It contains curriculum-linked activities to help prepare students for their digital excursion, and extend learning post-excursions. We recommend using these resources in advance of your digital excursion to ensure students get the most out of their experience.
Please familiarise yourself with the Video Conferencing facilities at your school well before the day of your digital program. Five minutes’ preparation can save disappointment on the day!
Watch this video to learn how easy it is to connect. Most schools will have one of two camera/conference systems in place, Tandberg or Polycom. If you require assistance with your video conferencing facilities, contact your schools’ tech support, or the DART Connections team on 1800 824 737.
1. Call DART Connections technical support on 1800 824 737. Note: this number cannot be dialled from the IP phone in the Connected Classroom.
2. Keep your mobile with you. You will have provided your mobile phone number when you made your booking. Please make sure that you keep your mobile with you (and that it is switched on) as this is our first point of contact with you, should any issues arise.
On the Day
1. Seat your class in front of the telly and in view of the camera 15 minutes prior to your start time.
2. Turn on your television using the television remote and make sure it is on the AV setting
3. Using the Video Conference Remote Control, dial the following 5-digit Virtual Meeting Room (VMR) number – 56764 – and press the green ‘dial’ button
4. Once you are dialled into the VMR, you will see a Sydney Opera House holding slide. This means you are in the right place!
5. Set your microphone to mute, but keep the remote handy to un-mute when instructed by your presenter
6. At the scheduled time your presenter will appear live on your screen… your digital experience has begun!