Sydney Opera House is committed to providing the very best
national and international performing arts experiences to NSW students.
The Sydney Opera House Arts
Assist program provides a subsidy of $21 per student, which can be applied
to the ticket and travel costs at the discretion of the teacher.
- Only schools with a Low Socio-Economic Status,
such as Priority Schools, and schools who receive Transitional Equity Funding
- Priority is given to schools that have not
previously experienced a Sydney Opera House performance.
- Priority is given to schools that have a special
- Schools eligible for the ticket and travel
subsidy must complete and submit an application form with their booking.
- If your application is unsuccessful you should
re-apply the following school year and will be given priority.
- Schools that receive funding are required to
submit an evaluation form after the performance.
- Primary schools are entitled to receive subsidy
for two (2) performances per year. Please note this offer is for 1 x Grade K-2
and 1 x Grade 3-6.
- Secondary schools are entitled to receive
subsidy for two (2) performances, onsite workshops or digital education
workshops per year, of which 1 x Grade 7 – 8 and 1 x Grade 9 – 12 is available.
(This offer is not available for Bell Shakespeare’s Macbeth).
- Successful applications for will receive
notification on 1 December 2013.
- Schools that are unsuccessful may re-apply the
following school year and will be given priority.
Download the form to
lodge with your booking.