Sydney Opera House Arts Assist
Ticket and Travel Subsidy for NSW Primary and Secondary Schools
Sydney Opera House is committed to providing the very best national and international performing arts experiences to NSW students as part of their educational studies. Sydney Opera House Arts Assist will provide a subsidy of $21.00 per student, which can be applied to either the ticket or travel costs at the discretion of the teacher.
Arts Assist Criteria
- Schools eligible for Arts Assist must be a Priority Funded School in NSW.
- Priority is given to eligible schools that have not previously experienced a House:Ed performance.
- Priority is given to eligible schools that have a special needs focus.
- Schools eligible for the ticket and travel subsidy must complete and submit an Arts Assist Application Form with their booking.
- Primary schools are entitled to receive subsidy for two (2) House:Ed performances per year. Please note this offer is for 1 x Grade K-2 and 1 x Grade 3-6.
- Secondary schools are entitled to receive subsidy for two (2) House:Ed performances, onsite workshops or digital education workshops per year, of which 1 x Grade 7 – 8 and 1 x Grade 9 – 12 is available. (This offer is not available for Bell Shakespeare Company’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream).
- Applications will be considered on a case by case basis, as applications are received.
- Schools that are unsuccessful may re-apply the following school year and will be given priority.
- Schools that receive Arts Assist funding are required to submit an evaluation form after each performance, and must agree to provide a contact email address to receive the quarterly House:Ed newsletter.
Download the Arts Assist form to lodge with your booking.