THE ESSENTIAL TOUR
See inside the world's most recognisable sails. Experience this miracle of architecture and engineering. A work of art that came into existence against impossible odds - to become one of the busiest performing arts centres in the world.
Working with new, rich audio-visual components, where images are projected onto the fabric of the building - our guides will take you on an emotional journey, engrossing you in a story to rival any opera plot with its dramatic twists and turns.
You'll visit at least one of our venues - where we live performance every day. Some 1,500 performances, from opera to circus, rock and cabaret, are staged each year to audiences of around 1.5 million.
Book online now
Or contact Tourism Reservations
Ph: +61 2 9250 7250 or
CHILDCARE & VACATION GROUPS
CHILDCARE & VACATION CARE GROUPS
The numbers of free tickets provided for registered carers is strictly limited. These tickets are only available for childcare staff who are accompanying children as a condition of their paid employment.
In order to be eligible for the special childcare rates and free carer tickets, a childcare/vacation care
group must be registered for the Government Childcare Rebate. The registration or customer reference (CRN) number is required when booking.
Special Playgroup rates only apply for groups of 10 or more who are registered with Playgroups NSW. The Playgroups NSW registration number is required when booking.
View the Sydney Opera House Risk Assessment Information. Click here
Sydney Opera House is committed to ensuring the safety, welfare and well-being of children and young people when providing entertainment and educational services to the community. The safety, welfare and well-being of children and young people is the paramount consideration in service delivery to any consumers under 18 years.
Sydney Opera House has a comprehensive Child Protection Policy outlining the framework for managing and reducing risk of harm to children while on Sydney Opera House premises.
The policy encompasses:
- Compliance with Child Protection Legislation
- The requirement that all Sydney Opera House staff provide services and conduct duties in a manner that respects the right of all children to safety and protection from all forms of abuse and neglect;
- Compliance with the Code of Conduct for Child Protection in the Workplace;
- Employment practices and procedures to ensure that recruitment and selection processes for all child-related employment positions will be managed in accordance with the law; and
- Procedures to ensure ‘risk of harm’ to children and ‘reportable conduct’ are reported in accordance with the law.
For detailed information and to obtain a copy of the full policy, please contact the Freedom of Information Contact Officer.
Freedom of Information Contact Officer
Sydney Opera House
GPO Box 4274
Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 9250 7111