What to do
1. Examine your flower with the magnifying glass.
• What forms and lines do you see?
• How are the petals situated in relation to each other?
• Is it symmetrically structured?
2. Draw the flower using white coloured pencil on coloured sketching paper. Focus on the forms and lines in the flower. Draw it as big as possible, and try to follow the soft curves of the flower from stem to petal in one movement.
3. Now you have to use your observations of the forms and lines of the flower as inspiration for the design of your chair. Draw sketches of your ideas using white pencil and coloured paper. You might want to use French curves to help with the soft curves. Let your thoughts and ideas roam freely, and try several different sketch designs. It is good to have several sketches to choose between when you have to decide which idea you want to develop further in model form.