2. Download the music
- If you are new to singing, and don't know your voice part, you can download the 'Melody' only score here.
- If you are a more experienced singer and know your voice part, you can download the ‘SATB’ score here, listen to the 'SATB' audio here and listen to your voice part by clicking one of the following: Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass.
- Tracks start at the Presto bar 16. At bar 53 they cut to bar 85.
3. Listen to the language track. The 'Ode to Joy' will be sung in German, but never fear, we have prepared some audio with tips on how to sing in German - listen to it here.
4. Get ready for the workshop on Make Music Day, and tune in on this page or on Facebook on Sunday 21st June at 4pm. Brett will lead you through a 45 minute masterclass where you will warm up your voice, learn about the piece and the language, before diving into the music. The workshop will finish with a performance of the work, accompanied by the Sydney Philharmonia Choirs singers and piano.
Brett Weymark, workshop leader
Claire Howard Race, piano
Elizabeth Scott, soprano
Megan Soloman, alto
Blade Fuller, tenor
Robert Mitchell, bass
Musical arrangement by Dan Walker
What is Make Music Day?
Make Music Day is a global celebration of music making with more than 1000 cities around the world participating. With people still confined to their homes, there is no better time to make music and celebrate with song!
Experience the power and ecstasy of this awe-inspiring music, this Make Music Day, exclusive to the Sydney Opera House digital season.
Find out more about Make Music Day