Terms of Entry to Minecraft at the Sydney Opera House
1. Children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
2. Photography: Sydney Opera House Trust and Microsoft Pty Ltd (“Us”) will be filming and taking photographs at this Event. The images will be used by Us, our related bodies corporate, and our licensees in all media. If you do not wish your image to be used, please make yourself known to a member of staff at the Event. You are welcome to take photographs of your own children at the Event and share them at #SOHMinecraft
3. Umbrellas, prams, backpacks, larger bags and other items that may be hazardous or restrict the movement of visitors are not permitted into the venue or may be required to be cloaked. It is your responsibility to collect any cloaked items after the performance.
4. Your entry to this Event is otherwise subject to our General Terms and Conditions for Attendance at Events. Please ask staff if you would like to see a copy of these.
The promoter of this competition is the Sydney Opera House Trust, ABN 69 712 101 035, Sydney Opera House, Bennelong Point, Sydney NSW 2000. By purchasing a Competitor Ticket for the Event, you also agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. The Event
The Event refers to the Event detailed on the ticket purchased by patrons.
2. Who May Enter
Entry is open to everyone over the age of 8 (eight). Entrants under the age of eighteen require their parent or legal guardian’s (“Parent”) consent to enter. To enter an Event you must first purchase a Competitor Ticket and then register at your Event in accordance with the terms below. This is a game of skill. Employees and their immediate families of the promoter as well as Microsoft Pty Ltd, its retailers, suppliers and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter.
Full details of the Registration Process for your Event will be emailed to you after you purchase your Competitor Ticket, including details of your playing time, 30 minute registration period and marshalling time. Sydney Opera House (SOH) will take reasonable measures to accommodate late registrations or arrivals on the day, however a failure to attend registration or marshalling at your nominated time period may result in disqualification.
4. Competition Rules
- Each Event will include a competition, comprised of the First Round and Finals, and produce one Grand Final winner.
- First Round: The First Round will feature 7 waves of 48 participants each, who will be divided up into 6 ‘Wave Groups’ of 8 competitors. Each participant will have their own Xbox One Console on which to play Minecraft in “Battle” mode against the 7 other players in their Wave Group, for a warm up period of 5 minutes and for a competition period of 5 minutes. During the player briefing, participants will be given the choice to opt for “Glide” mode and those players who opt for this mode will be placed in a battle together.
- Finals: The winner of each Wave Group battle from the First Round (i.e. 42 participants in total) will go onto the Semi-Final, together with 6 wildcard entries chosen from the Free Play Zone. The 6 winners from the Semi-Final will go onto the Grand Final. The format of the Semi- Final and the Grand Final is the same as the First Round.
- All participants will receive a prize. The winner of the Grand Final for each Event will receive an Xbox One 500GB console.
- The judge’s decision in relation to any aspects of the competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
Please take care (and Parents please supervise their children) entering and exiting the Concert Hall stage. Technical equipment required for the competition must be handled with due care. Except for liability that cannot by law be excluded, SOH and Microsoft and its related bodies corporate, (including their respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury whether direct, indirect, special or consequential arising out of your participation in the Event.
6. Photography and Recording
By entering the Event you agree that SOH and Microsoft can photograph, film or make any sound or audio-visual recording of your participation for our own archival purposes and for use in any media. By entering the Event, you grant us a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty free and transferrable licence to use, reproduce, segment, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and communicate any recording of your participation in any media.
Winners of all prizes will be notified at the Event. If any winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian on their behalf.
The personal information you provide in entering the Event will be used by SOH and Microsoft to conduct the Event and otherwise in accordance with the Sydney Opera House Trust Customer Privacy Statement https://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/general/Privacy.html
9. Event Structure
To the fullest extent permitted by law and without limiting any other conditions of entry, the promoter may, in its discretion, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. All Entrants in the competition at the point of termination, significant modification or suspension of the competition will be notified by the promoter in writing. In the event of a significant modification or suspension of the competition, the entrant may choose to terminate their participation in the competition at no cost.
The promoter and Microsoft Pty Ltd assume no responsibility, and the entrant releases The promoter and Microsoft Pty Ltd from responsibility, for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, claim, damage or injury to person or property (including computer systems and servers) as a result of the entrant’s participation in this competition or the conduct of the competition generally or as a direct or indirect result of an entrant’s error, any technical problem (including communications or network failure, unauthorised access to, transferral of, or theft of, data), whether caused by the entrant, or associated with the equipment or programming used in the conduct of this competition. If, because of any such problem, this competition is not able to be conducted as planned and/or the competition's administration, security, fairness or integrity are compromised or affected, the promoter may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition and/or disqualify any entrant involved in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this competition in any way.