Sydney Sculpture Conference 2017
Presented to coincide with Sculpture by the Sea, the 2017 Sydney Sculpture Conference will feature international and Australian speakers who will examine the importance, impact, challenges and opportunities of sculpture in public space.
International presenting conference partners ‘sculpture network’, German-based leading platform for the promotion, development and facilitation of contemporary sculpture, bring a European edge to this year’s program, attracting artists, curators, academics, arts professionals & art enthusiasts from across Australia and the world.
The annual Sydney Sculpture Conference aims to develop collaborative partnerships that foster creative ideas exchange between local, national and international sculpture and art communities; while raising the profile of sculpture across Australia.
Join a diverse group of over 200 attendees in Sydney to hear from featuring keynote and invited speakers, to include:
- Ralf Kirberg – Chair, Sculpture Network (Germany)
- Peter Boardman – Head Engineer, Structure Design for Gibbs Farm (New Zealand)
- Professor Maaretta Jaukkuri – Curator, Artscape Nordland (Norway/Finland)
- Prof. Lv Pinchang – Head of Sculpture, Central Academy of Fine Arts, Beijing (China)
- André Kirberg – Digital Strategist, Sculpture Network (Germany)
- Zadok Ben-David – Artist (England/Israel)
- Claire Healy – Artist (NSW)
- Louise Paramor – Artist (Victoria)
- Virginia King – Artist (New Zealand)
- Jess Scully – Public Art Curator and City of Sydney Councillor, (Sydney)
- James Dive – Installation Artist (Sydney)
- Dr Michael Hill – Head of Art History & Theory, National Art School (Sydney)
The conference will be convened by Stephen Bradley, Manager Transfield Art Collection.
For further information about the conference please visit: http://sculpturebythesea.com/bondi/sydney-sculpture-conference/
Presented by Sculpture by the Sea and Sculpture Network.