Sydney Opera House belongs to everyone. As an organisation, our goal is to provide barrier-free access, making the site, building and the experiences they offer accessible to all people.
We are committed to the following accessibility guiding principles:
- Access solutions promote the principles of social equity & inclusion, while reinforcing positive community attitudes about people with disability;
- Access issues are addressed early in the planning stage of new initiatives;
- Preference is given to access solutions that achieve integrated & independent access (e.g. people with disability use the same access routes as people without disability);
- Initiatives comply with relevant disability access standards & legislation;
- Access audits to determine access requirements for all areas & key initiatives;
- Consultation with people with disability for all key initiatives;
- The latest technologies should be considered to provide flexible, multisensory access solutions (both interpretive & physical); and
- Access solutions must comply with the Sydney Opera House’s heritage requirements.
You can read our latest Access Strategic Plan for 2016-2018 in PDF Format in either regular print or large print. Or you can listen to it in MP3 format by clicking on each link below.
Large Print PDF Version