Optional Event Ticket Insurance to cover the reimbursement cost of the original purchase price of your event ticket or package (including any booking or service fee) may be available from National Underwriting Agencies Pty Limited (NUA). Cover may be provided in circumstances such as medical emergency, illness to you or your companion/immediate family, subject to the terms, conditions, and exclusions of the policy. The maximum amount payable per event ticket or package is AUD $3,000 (inclusive of GST). Conditions, time limits, and exclusions apply and details including the Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement prepared by NUA can be found on this page.
Sydney Opera House has not taken into account its customers’ objectives, financial situation or needs in informing you of the availability of this insurance cover and is not providing any financial product advice. We can only provide you with factual information. You should understand and consider the Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement and consider the cover's appropriateness to your own needs in deciding whether to acquire or hold the insurance cover. This insurance is issued by NUA under a binder from the Insurer, being certain underwriters at Lloyd’s of London. This insurance is not a Sydney Opera House product and Sydney Opera House accepts no liability for failure to obtain cover or any liability associated with the Event Ticket Insurance. However, as an authorised distributor of NUA, Sydney Opera House receives a commission from NUA in respect of any Event Ticket Insurance purchased. When insurance is taken out directly with Sydney Opera House during a website purchase, Sydney Opera House must provide NUA with your name, contact details and other order information so the insurance can be administered. The Insurer will also need to be provided with this information.
The Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement contains the standard terms and conditions of NUA’s cover. Please read before making a decision about this product. These documents detail information about:
- The available insurance cover and benefits including the terms, conditions, and exclusions.
- Who Sydney Opera House acts for when providing this insurance.
- Any remuneration or other benefits received by Sydney Opera House in respect of the provision of this insurance.
- The dispute resolution system organised by NUA that covers any complaints you may have with this insurance.
- When this insurance becomes effective, how you can make a claim with NUA.
The Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement is available here.
How to purchase Event Ticket Insurance
Event Ticket Insurance may be purchased two ways:
- During your online ticket purchase: If you have not yet made your ticket purchase, you may obtain Event Ticket Insurance, subject to conditions, during the purchase process when booking online at www.sydneyoperahouse.com. The option will be available after you have selected your tickets.
- After your ticket purchase: if you choose to make your booking via telephone, fax, email, mail, in person, or if you choose not to purchase insurance initially during a website booking, you may contact National Underwriting Agencies Pty Ltd directly to complete an online purchase of Event Ticket Insurance.
How to make a claim
If you have Event Ticket Insurance and need to make a claim, please refer to your issued Policy and follow the instructions for making a claim. If you have any queries, you must contact National Underwriting Agencies Pty. Ltd. directly on 1300 133 959.
Sydney Opera House is unable to discuss your claim or assist with the process.