Your gift at work
With your gift today, you can make sure other children like Isabella can have their own Opera House experience. Our Access Program helps overcome some of the barriers people may face so we can make the Opera House a place where everyone feels welcome and people can have the same inspiring experience of the performing arts that we all enjoy.
To help open the House to all, we invest in a broad range of services and experiences for children who are blind or have low vision, who are deaf or have a hearing impairment, have a disability that affects physical capacity or mobility, or have intellectual or sensory disabilities. These include:
- Live commentary-enhanced performances for those who are blind or have low vision;
- Live-captioned, AUSLAN-interpreted and surtitled performances for those who are deaf;
- Assisted-listening devices, like induction hearing loops, for those with hearing impairment;
- Supported, relaxed-performances for those with intellectual or sensory disabilities;
- Special programs for those living with Parkinson's disease or autism;
- Wheelchair-accessible seating; and
- Mobility services, like accessible pick-up/drop-offs, and shuttle bus/golf buggy access.
Every gift makes a difference
Isabella is just one child whose visit to the Opera House was made possible through the support of our donors. Can you help us reach more? For as little as $34 per child, your gift will help provide the services needed to support a visit by children who live with disability, like Isabella.
We can’t do it without you
The Opera House is not-for-profit and we raise almost 90% of our annual costs ourselves from non-government sources.
We are only able to offer initiatives like our Access Program through the generous gifts of people like you.
Our donors make a vital difference to helping open the Opera House to everyone. With your support and generosity we will continue to develop and deliver our Access Program that gives these children with additional needs the opportunity to come to the Opera House and to have the same quality of experience as their friends can enjoy.
Thank you for helping to make the Opera House a place where everyone is welcome.