Studio Party: Future Classic (18+) Feat. Nikki Nair (USA) + Martyn Bootyspoon (CAN) + Shake Daddy + Isa
27 May 2023
In the StudioContemporary Music
Returning to shake Vivid LIVE with one of their iconic Studio parties, beloved Sydney electronic label Future Classic prepare to take over the Sydney Opera House with back-to-back sets from the city’s best DJs, live performances, and much more
Saturday 27 May
Shake Daddy 9pm - 10:30pm
Martyn Bootyspoon 10:30pm - 12am
Nikki Nair 12am - 1:30am
Isa 1:30am - 2:30am
$8.95 booking fee applies per transaction
The only authorised ticket agency for this event is the Sydney Opera House. For more information about Authorised Agencies, see the FAQ below.
A maximum of six (6) tickets per customer are available for purchase. Tickets purchased in excess of a ticket limit may be cancelled without notice.
Sydney Opera House Insiders pre-sale
12pm, Tuesday 14 March 2023
What’s On e-newsletter on-sale
12pm, Wednesday 15 March 2023
General Public tickets on-sale
12pm, Friday 17 March 2023
The duration of this event is 5 hours and 30 minutes.
Event duration is a guide only and may be subject to change.
Strictly over 18s only.
Sydney’s iconic dance party is back
It’s not Vivid LIVE without a Future Classic Studio Party. In the past decade, the innovative Sydney label has delivered some of the most memorable experiences of the festival, bringing together parties in the Sydney Opera House Studio that have featured artists including Cashmere Cat, Touch Sensitive and Koreless, staging headline shows with Ta-ku and Seekae, and celebrating their 10th birthday on the Northern Broadwalk with Flume and Flight Facilities.
After a triumphant, post-pandemic return last year, Future Classic are back to curate another must-see line-up of live performances and wall-to-wall sets from the city’s hottest DJs, sure to sell fast.
Presented by Sydney Opera House
Our foyers will be open 90 minutes pre-show for Concert Hall and Joan Sutherland Theatre performances, and two hours pre-show for Western Foyer venue performances. Refreshments will be available for purchase from our theatre bars. Please remember to maintain physical distancing whilst consuming drinks in our foyers.
All Sydney Opera House foyers are pram accessible, with lifts to the main and western foyers. The public lift to all foyers is accessible from the corridor near the escalators on the Lower Concourse and also in the Western Foyer via the corridor on the Ground Level (at the top of the escalators). Pram parking will be available outside the theatres in the Western Foyer consistent with COVID-safe rules.
The Sydney Opera House Car Park, operated by Wilson Parking, is open and available to use. Wilson Parking offer discounted parking if you book ahead. Please see their website for details.
Please check the Transport NSW website for the latest advice and information on travel and COVID-19 safety measures. You can catch public transport (bus, train, ferry) to Circular Quay and enjoy a six min walk to the Opera House.
The health and wellbeing of everyone attending the Opera House is our top priority. We’re committed to making your experience safe, comfortable and enjoyable, with a number of measures in place including regular cleaning of high-touch areas, air conditioning systems that maximise ventilation, and hand sanitiser stations positioned in all paths of travel. We encourage you to wear a mask in indoor settings or when physical distancing can’t be maintained, and please stay home if you feel unwell. If you need to discuss your ticketing or booking options, contact our Box Office team on 02 9250 7777.
Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of everyone on site, and we are closely following NSW Health guidelines and advice. The Sydney Opera House is registered as a COVID Safe business with the NSW Government. For detailed information about our COVID-19 safety measures and what’s required of you when visiting, please see our plan your visit page.
Face masks are strongly recommended for all patrons while inside our theatres and foyers, including during the performance. Please bring your own mask.
As you move around the Opera House, practise physical distancing (1.5 metres whenever possible) and follow the guidance provided by our staff and signage.
Within venues, always take your allocated seat.
For detailed information about our COVID-19 safety measures and what’s required of you, please see our plan your visit page.
The Sydney Opera House no longer requires patrons to show that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Contact information is required when making a booking with us and upon arrival at the Opera House, as set out in our General Terms and Conditions for Tickets and Attendance at Events and our Customer Privacy Statement.
As the ticket purchaser, you are responsible for recording the contact details of your guests. Contact information will only be used for the purposes of contact tracing, if required, and will be deleted at least 28 days after your event.
Frequently asked questions
- The Lighting of the Sails during Vivid Sydney is a free event. You will not need a ticket.
- If you are attending a performance as part of the Vivid LIVE program, a valid ticket is required. It’s highly recommended that you purchase tickets in advance.
- In line with our venue security procedures, Opera House security will be scanning and checking bags prior to entering the building. Bags will be scanned by an x-ray machine. Please travel lightly and do not bring items that require cloaking e.g. handbags bigger than A4-size, backpacks and umbrellas, which are not permitted inside our venues.
- Yes, cloaking will remain available but it is strongly encouraged that you travel lightly and leave large, bulky items at home. Cloakroom attendants will use disposable paper tickets to keep track of your items.
- The health, safety and wellbeing of everyone at the Opera House is our top priority. In line with this commitment, the Opera House is a smoke-free site.
- The Smoke-free Environment Policy applies to all areas of the of the Opera House precinct and covers all forms of tobacco and non-tobacco smoking, including cigarettes, vapes, e-cigarettes, cigars and water pipe tobacco smoking.
- As a smoke-free site, the Opera House seeks to reduce exposure to harmful second-hand smoke, as well as minimise the impact of smoking on the environment, including litter and pollution of the surrounding marine environment.
- For patrons who are blind or have low vision, the Opera House will be hosting two audio-described sessions of this year’s images projected on to the sails on 13 and 15 June. For more information please visit the event page.
- A complimentary shuttle bus and buggy service will be in operation during Vivid Sydney. Please contact the Box Office to confirm operating hours on 02 9250 7777.
- Gig Buddies, an organisation that pairs adults with intellectual disability with volunteers to attend social events have been offered to attend Becca Hatch, Future Classic, Alfa Mist, Devonte Hynes and Ethel Cain. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sydney Opera House and Circular Quay precincts are very popular and attract large crowds during Vivid Sydney. Visitors are strongly encouraged to leave the car at home and use public transport wherever possible. During this time, there will be changes to transport timetables.
For further information, please visit Transport NSW’s Vivid Sydney page.
- The Sydney Opera House car park will be open every evening during Vivid Sydney, however it is expected to reach capacity early. Patrons are encouraged to use public transport and allow extra travel time.
- Please note that if you drive and arrive early for parking, you may not be able to exit if there are road closures in place.
- For detailed information on road closures during Vivid Sydney, please visit Live Traffic NSW.
Ticketholders are welcome to bring their own water bottle (as long as it isn’t made of glass) but no other food and drinks are permitted inside our venues.
The Opera House has a range of onsite bars and restaurants which are perfect for a quick snack or sit-down meal.
Cashless payment methods are strongly encouraged. Please bring a credit or debit card for any onsite purchases.
It’s a night of smoldering, shadowy grooves, dreamy dub and synth pop as Swedish duo Lust For Youth and Danish artist Croatian Amor join Melbourne cult faves HTRK and YL Hooi for Vivid LIVE. Curated by 3NDLES5.
Legendary electronic musician, producer and bass maximalist Squarepusher brings his genre-defying mix of IDM, acid techno, jazz and mischievous breakbeats to the Joan Sutherland Theatre.
Acclaimed singer-songwriter, Mercury Music Prize winner and reluctant voice of a generation, Arlo Parks returns to Australia with her indelibly dreamy and sensual soul – and a hotly anticipated new album.