1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions of entry. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is Sydney Opera House Trust, Bennelong Point, Sydney NSW 2000. ABN 69 712 101 035, (02) 9250 7111.
Entry is open to residents of Australia over the age of eighteen. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and agencies and companies associated with this promotion are not eligible to enter the promotion.
3. The competition commences on 1 August 2022 at 00:01 Australian Eastern Standard time (AEST) and will close at 23:59 AEST on 31 July 2023 (Term).
4. To enter the competition, participants must pay with their Mastercard when purchasing Sydney Opera House Tours or Tickets during the Term. Purchases can be made online from the www.sydneyoperahouse.com website, over the phone or in person. An entrant’s full details including name, address, phone number and email address must be given at the time of making the purchase.
5. Anyone using their Mastercard to pay in this way during the Term will automatically be entered into a monthly draw to win a $500 Sydney Opera House Gift Voucher.
6. The monthly prize winner will be drawn at the Sydney Opera House Bennelong Point, Sydney NSW 2000 at 12:00 on the first day after each month of the Term (Monthly Draw Date). For clarification, the first Monthly Draw Date is 1 September 2022 and the last Monthly Draw Date is 1 August 2023. The first valid entry drawn by the judges on the Monthly Draw Date will win a prize. The prize is a Sydney Opera House Gift Voucher valued at $500. The total prize pool value for the duration of the promotion is $6,000.
7. Each monthly draw will consist of entries received during that calendar month.
8. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The monthly prize winner will be notified by email and will be published on the Sydney Opera House website (www.sydneyoperahouse.com) by the first Wednesday following each Monthly Draw Date. Acknowledgement of receipt of the notification is required within 14 days upon which the winner will be sent the prize. If, for any reason, the prize winner does not claim the prize within the required 14 days or the contact details supplied by them were incorrect, the Promoter reserves the right to draw a second chance prize winner.
10. Sydney Opera House Gift Vouchers are valid for 36 months from the date of issue and are redeemable for any performance ticket, event, tour or experience at Sydney Opera House, subject to the Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions. View full Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions here.
11. Prizes will be sent via standard post, courier or email to the address provided by the winner.
12. The Promoter and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
13. If for any reason this promotion is cancelled or is not capable of running as planned, due to an intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the promotion and recommence it on the same conditions subject to State Regulation.
14. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the Prize.
16. In case of an emergency Sydney Opera House will use the contact details supplied by you when entering this competition.
18. Authorised under ACT Permit Number ACT TP 22/01266 and SA Licence Number T22/1007