Sydney Opera House invites Australian artists and arts professionals to join our Industry Insiders membership program.
By becoming an Industry Insider you’ll receive access to special industry offers, discounts to select performances, invitations to talks and artist masterclasses and other benefits.
Industry Insiders is a free, three-year membership obtained through a brief EOI process. You must demonstrate you are currently working professionally in the arts sector to be a member. Please complete the below form and we will confirm your membership within 7 days.
Industry Insiders get access to a range of benefits, including:
- No booking fees – so you save on every ticket.
- Save on food and drinks with 10% off at Opera Bar, Opera Kitchen, Portside and our Theatre Bars*.
- Play host and bring a friend on one of our standard, junior or backstage tours. Your friend will pay but you won’t (must be booked over the phone).
- Insiders get the VIP treatment with a dedicated Insiders phone number to make bookings or enquiries.
- 10% off at our gift shops.
- Present your Insiders card and receive concession prices for the Dendy Film of the Month at Dendy Newtown.
You can also buy a membership for a friend or family member.
Read our frequently asked questions to find out more.
*Some performances excluded
^ Discounts not valid for private functions or events
Your Industry Insiders membership is free and will last 3 years, for which you may apply for renewal. The aim of the membership is to provide greater access to Sydney Opera House programs and performances for people working professionally in the arts sector.
We will be reviewing all registrations and will advise you on the outcome within 7 days.
When presenting the membership card, you receive a 10% discount with Opera Bar, Opera Kitchen, Portside, and our Theatre Bars. The discount is not available at Bennelong.
Discounts are not available at private functions or events.
Just print off a copy of your receipt or keep a copy handy on your phone.
- Memberships and membership vouchers are not able to be returned/refunded or redeemed for cash.
- Sydney Opera House reserves the right to close customer accounts and request alternative forms of payment if a gift membership voucher is fraudulently obtained and is used to make purchases.
- Membership does not guarantee that you will obtain tickets, whether through a member presale or a general public onsale.
- A limit of 2 tickets per insider per performance is in place and tickets bought in excess of this may be cancelled without notice.
- Membership may be cancelled or suspended without notice in response to activity such as unauthorised resale or unauthorised credit card usage.