Create Space Dance Residency is an initiative between Ausdance NSW, Sydney Opera House and FORM who together recognise the lack of development opportunities for artists with disability and wish to offer a supportive and safe space for these artists to continue to expand their work and practice.
This residency invites mid-career independent dance artists, collectives, collaborators and companies of any dance genre where the lead artist has a disability to submit an application.
The residency is for 2 weeks and the successful applicant will be offered a bursary of $5000 supported by the Sydney Opera House.
- Applications open: 18 February
- Applications close: 29 March 29 at 5.00pm
- Residency Dates: 15-26 July
Create Space activities may involve creative development, research, mentorships, rehearsal and remounting of work. Applicants can apply for a residency of one or two weeks.
To be eligible, primary applicants should be NSW based and an Ausdance NSW member however, collaborators may be interstate or internationally based. You can become a member here www.ausdancensw.com.au
Create Space recipients receive:
- $5000 in support awarded by Sydney Opera House
- Two weeks of residency space at the Jubilee Room at the Parramatta Town Hall.
- Pre-residency planning support from Ausdance NSW - Administrative support from Ausdance NSW for the showing of work during residency (if required) - Promotion of artist/residency through Ausdance NSW and Form Dance Projects e-news and social media
- A studio visit from Ausdance NSW or Form Dance Projects during the residency
Please note: Applicants are invited to apply for up to two weeks residency.
If you require any additional information or would like to talk about your application prior to making a submission, please contact Ausdance NSW on 02 9256 4800 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
More information and applications