Expand access, empower communities; help everyone experience the joy of the Sydney Opera House
The Opera House isn’t just a venue; it’s a ticket to boundless imagination, new worlds, and perspectives. We believe everyone in our community should have the chance to experience our international icon.
This festive season we are asking for your help to expand our Community Engagement Program. This program collaborates with disadvantaged, refugee and migrant communities, to ensure that the people on our stages and in our audiences reflects the diverse world around us.
In the past 18 months we have welcomed close to 900 community members to the House through subsidised and free tickets to performances, tours, workshops and talks. Nearly 80% of them were visiting the House for the first time.
This is important work. In research recently completed by Deloitte, 71% of people agreed that visiting the Opera House made them feel more connected to their companions and the community. Join us and help create a more inclusive and socially cohesive society.
The Opera House is not-for-profit. We raise almost 90% of our operational costs through non-government sources like philanthropic support. Our donors help to enable and expand our most socially impactful programs. Please consider supporting our Community Engagement Program this festive season. Every gift makes a difference.
Your support has a real and tangible impact:
- $25 provides subsidised tickets to a performance for diverse communities.
- $100 will subsidise transport costs for people from Western Sydney to attend productions.
- $500 will enable payment of a marginalised artist to facilitate staff training.
- $1,000 enables a Community Champion to host a small group (of eight) to attend a performance.
- $2,500 supports a four week mentorship program for a young person of colour to work with Opera House professionals and kick start their career in the arts.
Making your gift
Please call us on +61 2 9250 7077
Email or mail
Your gift is tax-deductible
Your gift of $2 or more is tax-deductible in Australia (ABN 69 712 101 035). For international tax-deductible gifts, please contact us.