Every Body Dance Now
Free dance classes return to the Sydney Opera House
Sydney – Wednesday 23 March, 2022. The Opera House welcomes the return of its popular Every Body Dance Now program following a sold-out season in 2021 with over 2,000 ticket registrations. This April, a brand new season will transform the Studio into a jubilant dancefloor over four nights, inviting people of all ages and abilities to share in the joy of dance.
Enabled by the NSW Government’s Culture Up Late initiative, Every Body Dance Now will be led by expert choreographers and performing artists. Dance enthusiasts of all levels can participate in eleven different sessions, including:
- Move & Groove – a fun and stimulating class for ages 5+, where participants will learn to move their bodies (whether standing or seated) in simple yet creative ways, with choreography inspired by the Opera House and its surrounds.
- Line Dancing – a bootscootin’ new addition to the class line-up, where attendees will be cha-cha-sliding and two-stepping to a playlist of pop, rock and country classics.
- Disco Jazz – turn back time and disco the night away with bold moves to banging music, awesome grooves, big energy and lots of great fun. Unitards and leg warmers are welcome.
- Hip Hop – bringing a taste of 1970s New York hip hop to the Opera House, this class will get participants moving with free, funky and soulful movements before they Whip, Nae Nae and Dougie the night away.
- Bollywood – a dynamic and highly expressive style of dance which is rooted in Indian tradition and culture. Learn how Bollywood dancing blends multiple dance forms together and prepare to be immersed in glamour and creativity.
- Contemporary – an expressive and free-flowing class that encourages dancers to let go, abandon rigidity and move in ways they’ve never moved before.
- Latin – featuring a hot mix of styles including rumba, samba and salsa, this class is guaranteed to spice up the dancefloor and get the hips moving.
- Boy Band Bootcamp – presented by masters of neo 80s aerobic movement, Retrosweat, this class will turn the Studio into a pumping bootcamp, featuring dance moves that go with every boy band song ever written. Backstreet’s back, alright.
- Studio Dance Party – a grand finale to Every Body Dance Now where good times and club bangers will transform the Studio into a dance floor like never before.
“We are thrilled for the return of Every Body Dance Now, which will bring people to the Opera House to relish in the joy of dance. Thanks to the NSW Government, these free dance classes provide participants an opportunity to step out of the daily grind and make one of our most versatile spaces their very own dancefloor,” said Sydney Opera House Director of Programming Fiona Winning.
“I am delighted that the NSW Government’s Culture Up Late initiative has enabled the return of Every Body Dance Now. With an exciting and dynamic line-up of classes guaranteed to delight people of all dance levels, ages and abilities, this is a great way for everyone to come together as a community, reconnect with our city, and enjoy the best of Sydney’s nightlife,” said NSW Minister for the Arts Ben Franklin.
The full program can be viewed at the Every Body Dance Now website.
Registration is essential, with a limit of two sessions per booking. Register for tickets from 11am today, Wednesday 23 March 2022.
Every Body Dance Now is proudly funded by the NSW Government through the Culture Up Late initiative.
What: Every Body Dance Now
When: 9-10 and 19-20 April, 2022
Where: Studio, Sydney Opera House
Tickets: Free, all are encouraged and welcome