COVID-19 health update as of 15 December 2021: advice for patrons and visitors attending the Opera House
The health, safety and wellbeing of everyone at the Opera House is always our top priority. There are a number of COVID safe measures in place on site to help keep our community safe:
- From 15 December until at least 31 January 2022, the Opera House will continue to require that all workers onsite, and visitors aged 16 years and over entering the Opera House building, are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless medically exempt). Under 16s not fully vaccinated must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult. This includes visitors and patrons attending a performance or event, taking a tour, or visiting the box office, retail store, bar or restaurant operated within the building (Bennelong and Portside). These requirements will not apply to visitors attending outdoor events or venues on the Lower Concourse, including Opera Bar, Opera Kitchen and the Welcome Centre;
- QR code check-in – all patrons and their guests must continue to check-in upon entry with the Service NSW QR code and provide proof of vaccination;
- Face masks continue to be required for patrons aged 12 years and over while inside our foyers and theatres, unless lawfully exempt. We highly recommend children aged 11 years and younger wear a mask at all times;
- Well maintained and effective air conditioning systems that maximise ventilation with fresh air;
- Regular cleaning of high-traffic and high-touch areas with hospital-grade disinfectant;
- Hand sanitiser stations with Dettol Aloe Vera Gel are available in paths of travel, frequently accessed areas and near bathroom facilities; and
- COVID-19 safety training for all operational, frontline and contract staff.
Please check this page prior to attending the Opera House for the most up-to-date information.