COVID-safe and tour information
The health, safety and wellbeing of everyone at the Opera House is our priority. When you return to the Opera House, you will notice some important changes that have been implemented to keep the community safe, which are regularly reviewed and updated in consideration of the Public Health Order prevailing at the time. Please follow our conditions of entry at all times:
- Patrons aged 16 years and over entering the building or attending the Opera House’s bars and restaurants are required to be fully vaccinated unless lawfully exempt (under 16s not fully vaccinated must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult from their household);
- QR code check-in – all patrons and their guests must continue to check-in using the Service NSW QR code;
- Face masks are required for patrons aged 12 years and over while inside our theatres and foyers, including during the tour;
- We encourage you to purchase your tour in advance online or via phone where you’ll receive an eTicket. Please bring this with you and present it upon check-in at the Welcome Centre located on the Lower Concourse;
- To help maintain physical distancing, tours will not exceed 15 guests per tour; and
- As you move around the Opera House, practise physical distancing (1.5 metres whenever possible) and follow the guidance provided by our staff and signage.
Please refer to our updated General Terms and Conditions for Tickets and Attendance at Events for detailed information about our ticketing policies. These conditions may change between the time of purchase and the tour date. Ticketholders will be contacted directly regarding any changes to their tour.
Please check our plan your visit page prior to attending the Opera House for the most up-to-date information.