ETIHAD AIRWAYS EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS - WIN BUSINESS CLASS FLIGHTS TO PARIS
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions of entry. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is the Sydney Opera House Trust, Bennelong Point, Sydney NSW 2000. (ABN 69 712 101 035), (+612) 9250 7111.
3. Entry is open to residents of Australia over the age of eighteen. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, agencies and companies associated with this competition are not eligible to enter.
4. The competition commences at [09:00am] on 29 May, 2018 Australian Eastern Daylight time (AEST) and will close at [16:00] 31 October, 2018 (AEST).
5. One entry is recorded per eligible transaction. Multiple entries are permitted.
6. To enter the competition, you must enter your details and response to the question ‘Tell us in 50 words or less what you’d see or do in Paris, and why this would inspire you’ on the competition page on the Sydney Opera House website, and click ‘submit’ between 29 May, 2018 – 31 October, 2018 (inclusive).
7. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in selection of the winner. The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges on Thursday 1 November, 2018 at Sydney Opera House based on the most original response received as chosen by the judges. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. The prize is valued at AU 16,000 and includes:
a) Return Business Class air travel with Etihad Airways for two adults from Sydney, or Melbourne, to Paris, including applicable taxes and levies. (value = AU $16,000)
9. Flights are valid on Etihad Airways operated aircraft only.
10. Travel must be completed within one year from date of winner announced – 31 October, 2019, with no further extensions permitted.
11. Bookings must be made at least 30 days prior to travel.
12. Travel is subject to availability and travel during peak periods and embargo
periods may be restricted. This includes, but is not limited to, July, August, school holidays and the Christmas/New Year period.
13. Once the prize winner has claimed their prize, they must advise the Promoter of their full name and the name of their travelling companion so that the necessary arrangements for airline tickets can be made. The names must be as per their passports and no changes to the people travelling can be made once this has been provided to the Promotor.
14. The prize winner and their companion must travel together on the same itinerary, on the same dates.
15. Tickets are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash or other goods or services.
16. Frequent Flyer points cannot be accrued as part of this flight and seats cannot be upgraded using Frequent Flyer points, or by payment.
17. All applicable taxes, levies and surcharges, passports, visa requirements or visa related charges, meals (unless specified), accommodation, incidentals, excess baggage charges, travel insurance, and all other travel related expenses and ancillary costs are the responsibility of the prize winner. Travel to/from the departure cities and airports is the responsibility of the prize winner unless otherwise stated. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances. The Promoter accepts no liability for any loss or claim arising from or as a result of the prize.
18. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The winner will be notified by email and telephone and will be published on the Sydney Opera House website (www.sydneyoperahouse.com) on Friday, 2 November, 2018. If, for any reason, the winner does not claim the prize or the contact details supplied by them were incorrect, the Promoter reserves the right to draw a second chance prize winner on Monday, 21 January, 2019 and that person will be the prize winner.
20. If the competition prize is performance tickets, they must be used on the date stipulated and are not redeemable for cash or transferable to any other person or transferable between dates or times. If the prize is goods, the Promoter is not responsible for providing warranty as to performance of the prize or ongoing support for the prize.
21. Prizes will be sent via standard post or courier to the address provided by the winner or if the prize is performance tickets and the performance is within 10 days from the close of the competition, tickets will be held for collection at the Sydney Opera House Box Office under the winner’s name. Tickets must be collected from the Box Office no later than 30 minutes prior to the performance. Any ticket not collected 30 minutes prior to the performance will be released for sale.
22. The Promoter and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
23. If for any reason this promotion is cancelled or is not capable of running as planned, due to an intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the event and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to State Regulation.
24. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the Prize.
25. You warrant that the entry is your original work and that you are the owner of all the material you submit as part of your entry into this Competition (“Entry”) and that your Entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. By entering this competition, you grant us a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty free and transferrable licence to use, reproduce, segment, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and communicate your Entry in any media. You also grant us the right to sub-licence the rights under this licence to any third party deemed appropriate by us. To the extent permitted by law, you consent to Promoter doing anything in relation to the Entry or the communication therein that (but for this consent) would otherwise infringe any moral right or performer’s rights that you might have anywhere in the world. We may promote the competition, including your Entry, in any media during or after the competition. Promotional material may include the use of all or part of your Entry. All Entries used by Promoter will be credited where appropriate.
27. In case of an emergency the Promoter will use the contact details supplied by you when entering this competition.